CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 11, 2008

Good times!

A couple of weeks ago we took the kids to the drive in. We saw a double feature with Kung Fu Panda and Get Smart.The kids brought blankets and pillows so they could lay down in the back of the van. It was about an hour drive. The one we went to was the only one I found where you could buy a food pass and bring in food. They were all about the same distance away,so we decided to pack a cooler and drive the hour to get there. It only cost $20 including the food pass. Ean didn't do so well, but it was late. After the first movie Connor and Ean fell asleep. Aiden is a die hard and stayed up until we headed for home. We didn't get home until 1:30am.

Last week the kids and I went to a play group at Don Fox. It's a park that has a large castle play area and a wadding pool with fountains to play in. We hopped back and forth between the playground and the pool. For lunch we found a shady spot under a tree laid down a blanket and had a picnic. We played a little more and then got in the pool right before we left to cool off. It was a great day. I just wish Israel could have been there to enjoy it with us. It has been so nice the past couple of weeks. Highs in the upper 80's. I can't remember the last time I have enjoyed a summer so much.

We had a great 4th of July. On Friday we headed down to Chapel Hill. We stayed through Sunday. Gary and Adria bought so many fireworks that it took two nights to shoot them off. Friday they had friends and family over. The adults got into a water fight. It took 3 women and 2 men, but we almost had Israel in the pool. We put him down so he could take off his shoes and he got away. There was a feast of Lobster, shrimp, fish etc... They just came back from Boston, where they ordered a ton. Their family is a hoot. All the kids played in the rain. They were already in there swim clothes and it wasn't storming, so we let them. They had so much fun. Good times!

My sister called me on Saturday to tell me that she was in town. The boys and I went down Thursday to spend the day with them. We all went to chuck e cheese because it was raining. We didn't want them to be cooped up in the house all day. When we got in the car to leave Aiden started to tear up and said he missed Rowen. I wish we could have spent more time with them and I really wish they could live closer.

The rest of this week the kids and I haven't done much. It has rained a little and the highs have been in the upper 90's. When it gets this hot I really don't care to go outside.

We have made reservations to go to the mountains before school starts. We're going to stay in a camping cabin. It's cheaper than a hotel. It has electric, air conditioning, a little fridge, double bed and bunk beds and a grill outside. It has a nice bath house. Israel wanted to tent camp. I think he forgets how hot it gets here in the beginning of Aug. I also like the idea of being able to lock up our things instead of leaving them at a camp site. He keeps calling me a wuss We are staying for 4 nights, so it will nice to have a bed too. We'll go to the theme park one day and the water park another. Gary and Adria and their boys are going also. We'll take one day to hit the outlet malls. I need to get Aiden some school clothes. I'm not really sure how this trip will go with 3 little ones. Aiden and Connor will be fine. It's Ean that I worry about. He is just at a hard age.

Well, I typed this up pretty fast, so if it doesn't make any sense...you know why. I'll try to post some pictures later. Yes, I know...I keep saying that. :)

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Sounds like you guys are having a blast. I'm interested to read more about the camping cabins. We really need to get away.

Angie Morris said...

Girl sounds like a good week all the way around....I should start hanging with you so I can do more :)