CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

13th in the World

I had a great trip to Canada. We stayed very busy between rehearsals and watching the competition. I didn't get to see much of Calgary, but what I did see was beautiful. We had a park right beside our hotel that was amazing. The air was very crisp and cool which was wonderful after the 90-100 degree days we have been having in TN. I got to Calagary around 3:00 on monday after a 30 min. delay on our flight in Denver because 3 people checked in, but never boarded the plane. So, they had to take all the luggage off to fine the missing peoples luggage and then reload. When I got to the hotel my room was not ready so they gave me a $25 certificate for one of the 3 hotel resturants. I put my bags in someone elses room and headed to dinner. It was Thanksgiving day there, so not many things were open. There was a mall accross the street where we found a little market.It was nice to buy a few things and not have to eat out all the time. Tuesday morning we had rehearsal, a lunch and then a few hours to rest and then off to another rehearsal. All my spare time on this day was spent on the phone with Israel because the hotel decided to put through $1200.oo on our bank card. It got worked out in a day or two.On Wed. morning we had a rehearsal and then off to the quartet competition for the rest of the day. Another rehearsal wed. night till 9:00. Thursday morning we had a breakfast at 6:15. I had to be down early because I am on the makeup team. I was very shocked with the $30 breakfast because until then...I had never had a bad pancake. We performed early and got to watch the rest of the chorus's. Thursday night we all met up at 11:00 for Sher (our director) to read the results. We got 13th place and only 1 point from 12th. TuneTown is a fairly new chours (under 10 years old) and this was our first international contest. Also, there were about 30 members on stage that had never been in any contest with the chorus before. We were exstatic with 13 place and our score. Friday we were able to spend the day watching the quartet finals. That night 7 of us decided to walk several miles through the park to find a place for dinner. This was the extent of my site seeing. We decided on Mexican and had a great time even though Canada mexican is very different than real mexican. Saturday morning we had a rehearsal and then off to the chorus finals. WOW! What a show!! Sat. night we performed for another chorus in our hotel. Then off to sing tags in someones room till about 12:30. I caught my bus to the airport at 4:30 on sunday morning. I got home around 1:30, however my luggage did not make it home with me. They did find it and brought it to me about 10:00 sunday night. Ean started throwing up sunday before I got home and continued off and on through out the day. Monday evening Connor and Aiden started throwing up everywhere at the same time. That went on for several hours (yuck!). Then around 2:30 tuesday morning I started throwing up and that lasted the entire next day....our 8 yr. anniversary. So finally it is Wed. and the house is crazy because of being gone and then being sick. I am just now getting the time and energy to blog. I really had a great trip and Israel and the kids didn't miss me too much. I think I am ready to go back. LOL!

0 comments: